Today on words in pen, we decided to bring to you updates on Coronavirus from World Health Organization (WHO). Remember this disease is real and it has no cure yet. Read the update below as found on WHO website.
• A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO Country Office in China on 31 December 2019.
• WHO is working 24/7 to analyse data, provide advice, coordinate with partners, help countries prepare, increase supplies and manage expert networks.
• The outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020.
• The international community has asked for US$675 million to help protect states with weaker health systems as part of its Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan.
• On 11 February 2020, WHO announced a name for the new coronavirus disease: COVID-19.
Disclaimer: This content remains the property of WHO.
Are you a writer and you want to be a contributor to WORDS IN PEN,
Call or whatsapp: 08130286036; call:07057457203
Email us: [email protected]
Facebook: I Am Best TV