Niger State ministry of education has asked all public schools to resume. Below is the press release:
NIGER STATE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION.
After a 2 – week closure of public secondary schools in Niger State for the conduct of risk assessment, the Ministry of Education at its expanded management meeting of Directors, Zonal Directors of Quality Assurance, and Heads of Agencies has resolved after careful deliberation to reopen public secondary schools on a phased basis as follows:
- All public day secondary schools are to reopen on Monday, March 29, 2021.
- All boarding secondary schools in urban areas are to reopen on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
- Low risk boarding secondary schools in rural areas that are to run as day schools during the period are also to reopen on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
- Public day secondary schools in areas of high risk that would run in clusters with selected safe schools in nearcommunities would reopen on a later date to be announced after adequate arrangements are concluded.
- Students from other communities in the boarding schools that would operate as day schools during the period would be moved to other boarding/day secondary schools in their localities.
All principals have been provided with specific details in respect of the arrangement under (1) – (4). Therefore, they are expected to work under and in collaboration with their zonal directors to ensure compliance in the light of the demands of current security realities.
All schools, especially those at high risk, would be provided with adequate security meant to enhance the capacity of the school system and security personnel to response to threats.
To this end, every school must immediately form a formidable Security team, comprising of School Officials, Security Personnel, PTA, SBMC and Vigilante with active community participation to allow for strong security presence in and around the Schools.
In addition, principals are expected to ensure strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols guaranteeing the compulsory wearing of face masks, sanitizing of hands and maintaining social distancing among others.