How to Improve Your Life in 12 Steps
1. Decide what it is you want to improve. Be specific.
Sit down where you can be alone and undisturbed, and write down a list of goals.
analyze what you wrote, to find out whether you really want to achieve
the items on your list. You will most probably discover that you don’t
really want to achieve some of them. Strike off the one you don’t really
2.Copy, on another piece of paper, the items left in your
list, which you really want to achieve. Write them down in the order of
3. Think about a plan, how you can make them come true. Be as
practical as possible, using your common sense, intuition, imagination
4. Come up with something, a first step, even if it is quite
minor, which you can do right now, such as buying a book with
information about your goal, attending a lecture, listening to
motivating CDs, looking for courses or workshops that can help you
improve your life, or any other step that will take you closer to
achieving your goal.
5. Read inspiring books and articles about people who have
attained success in the area of your choice. This will enhance your
enthusiasm and motivation.
6. Visualize the improvements you want to bring about. See them as already real and true. Make the mental pictures vivid and alive.
7. Keep your desire, enthusiasm and motivation alive, by
thinking often how you would like your life to look like. Also, think
often about the benefits and advantages you will gain improving your
life, circumstances, your financial condition, health, or anything else.
8. Repeat affirmations. They will constantly remind you of your goals, and program your subconscious mind to assist you in achieving them.
9. Don’t let anything deter you from improving your life.
Don’t give in if there are obstacles, delays or difficulties. Be
determined to do what you have decided to do, no matter how much time or
effort it takes. This is the way successful people act.
10. Developing strong willpower and self-discipline
will endow you with the power to overcome any obstacle and difficulty
and make you persistent in your efforts. These two skills, can be
developed through special techniques and exercises.
11. Have faith in yourself and in your ability to improve your life, you financial condition, your habits and your behavior.
12. Be willing and open to accept change. Don’t be passive,
waiting for improvement to enter your life without doing anything. Take
action, grab opportunities, and be willing to change your habits and
Remember, making resolutions is not enough; you need to do something
about them. If you made resolutions in the past, but did not follow them
through, it was because you were not serious enough and your desire was
not strong enough.
You can improve your life on all levels, but you need to follow a
plan, keep up your enthusiasm, desire and motivation, and not give in,
when facing difficulties and obstacles. It might take some time and
effort to improve your life, but this is worthwhile and rewarding goal.
CREDIT: By Remez Sasson
I AM BEST MAGAZINE