The Commissioner of police Niger State through the state Police PRO, ASP Wasiu A. Abiodun has issued a Statement warning transporters against night journeys despite the lockdown in Niger State to prevent coronavirus.
17th April, 2020
COVID-19 LOCKDOWN; CP Niger warns transporters against continued night journeys
-Violators to face full wrath of the law.
- The Commissioner of Police, Niger State Command, CP Adamu Usman herewarns the members of organized transport sector in the State and beyond, who continue to breach the existing restriction order resorting to night travels, a development that has proven to be counter productive as it undermines the tireless effort of the State Government at curbing the spread of COVID-19.
- This warning is necessitated due to intelligence at the disposal of the State Command that transport workers, especially inter-state operators, have continued to defy the lockdown order and cessation of movements as emplaced the State Government as they continue to embark on night journeys.
- As a result of this, the CP has directed all Area Commanders and Divisional Police Officers to ensure full implementation of the restriction order, especially as it relates to night travel with regards to categories of exempted persons and the fundamental human right of the citizens.
- The CP further states that the lockdown is for 24hours daily (except window periods) and that night hours are not excluded, inter/intra State movement across the State remain banned, calls on the leadership of the NURTW, RTEAN, NARTO and other public transport owners in the State to warn their members to strickly adhere to the restriction order of the State Government, warning that violators will be made to face the full wrath of the law.
- Meanwhile, the CP appreciates the understanding and cooperation of Nigerlites in this trying period and assures that the Command will continue to do its best to protect life and property of Nigerlites and residents of the State.
- For any complaint or you observe any gathering, call any of the following numbers
Rapid Respond Unit (RRU)
ASP WASIU A. ABIODUN,
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
FOR COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
NIGER STATE COMMAND