Nigerian Minister of Information and Communication, Lai Mohammed, announced that a fresh looters list will be released soon.
He says the two lists that have been released so far are just a tip of the iceberg. He said this when he spoke with journalists on Sunday afternoon on his way to Abuja after his condolence visits to Kwara state dovernor, Abdulfatah Ahmed, following the Offa bank robbery attack that left over 20 people dead last Thursday.
’’We are not going to ask anybody not to go to court, but what we are telling them is that they should re-examine themselves because when the government came out with its list, it was confident of the evidence it has. No government worth its salt would be challenged and would not come out to prove that what its saying is correct. When it comes to evidence it’s for the courts to decide, but we want to make it clear that no amount of intimidation from any side would prevent the government from releasing the next batch of looters lists and what you have seen so far is a tip of the ice bag when the list comes out. You will see that many people that Nigerians did not suspect partook in the national looting’’ he said
He added that…
“Interestingly, we have people saying that they are going to court, you see, courts are for the accused and the accuser, courts are for the rich and the poor, courts are for the government and the governed so anybody that says that he’s going to court, that shouldn’t frighten anybody,’’ he said