Share this
Yesterday it was reported that Central Bank of Nigeria was engulfed with fire from the generator house of the CBN about 6pm.

Though the bank’s spokesperson, Isaac Okoroafor, however denied reports of the fire incident. According to Okoroafor, it was smoke of the exhaust from the bank’s generating set that passersmistook for a fire outbreak. He however did not state why the fire service was called and what they came to the bank to do. Read his statement below
“Reports that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) head office building is on fire are false. Passerswho saw a pall of exhaust from the generator house far away from the building apparently mistook the exhaust for fire smoke. The CBN maintains a total security system that triggers safety alarms in the presence of smoke and so all fire engines and personnel received the alert only to discover that it was an unusual pall of exhaust.
The affected generator has been rested and normal work has been uninterrupted, while the engineers are working to rectify the issues with the generator. We hereassure the general public that there has been no fire at our building.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *