Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Philippians 2:3-4.
The true fact about life is that what you can’t amend you don’t lament, but it is also true that what cannot be diagnosed cannot be treated. The fault that cannot be identified cannot be rectified. To deal with selfishness ,we must identify it. Here are some seven ways in this seventh month of 2017 to identify the presence of selfishness.
1. Selfishness makes a person to be insensitive to the need of others. What matter to him are just his priorities and need.
2. Selfishness makes people reduce others in order to elevate themselves. They make you feel small in their presence while exaggerating their own self ego and achievement.
3. Selfishness makes a person to be a god to himself; and to him the whole world revolves around him.
4. Selfishness makes people to see others as objects of use and abuse to achieve their personal objectives. Selfish people doesn’t see it as a need in anyone’s life to add value to them.
5. Selfishness makes people desire to receive without giving. Selfish people want to get attention without giving others attention, they want to be served without serving others, they want to be loved without loving others, what a wickedness.
6. Selfishness makes people to get what they want at the cost of the pain, suffering and inconvenience of others. Rubbery, suicide, rape, etc are manifestation of selfishness.
7. Selfishness makes it very difficult to celebrate the progress, success and victory of others. Insecurity is steered victory of others before selfish people. Beloved, you must run with a jet speed from the way of selfishness and selfish people to avoid life failure and frustration, because selfish people hardly add value to anybody.
I pray this morning that you receive grace to place selfishness and selfish people around you to the class were they belong in Jesus name.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION: I prophesy into your life this morning the release of the spirit of liberty in Jesus name.
* ish- is an exclamation of pain from burnt.
COUNSEL: Don’t self burnt yourself.
Pastor Misheal Tomizayi
Voice of Tabernacle