Zacchaeus was a man of force and authority. The Bible discribe him as a chief tax collector in isreal. At our present contemporary days we could say he was a custom officer. He was a short stature man and perhaps tough and corrupt. Only God knows the number of goods he had impounded.
WHAT WAS THE DEFORMITY IN HIS LIFE.
1. His identify became his calamity, people do no longer associate themselves with him.
2. His wealth was a burden to him without freedom.
But his eagerness to meet with Christ will be the reason to his fulfilment in life.
WHAT CAN HINDER US FROM MEETING WITH CHRIST.
1. Our short comings
2. Distraction from people and things of life
3. Character shortness can keep us from the reach of God. Zacchaeus was bankrupt of physical and spiritual hight.
4. Artificial status cannot bring us favour from God. Zacchaeus climb up to a tree but Jesus could do nothing until he came down to his original status. God loves us to come to Him the way we are in our filthiness so that He will clean us up. Romans: 3:23 says “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”. When God come to us He opens our profile to check our credentials and call us our names. God knows where you are and knows who you are, and he knows what you are struggling with. Your needs are His concern.
This morning I don’t know on what sycomore tree you are sitting but Christ has called you your name before the foundation of the world was created and he who the son had make free is free indeed. Say with me now “I am free”. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10. Confess your salvation and declare your deliverance today.
CONFRONTAION: LORD, let thank you for the cleansing your blood every sin and guilt that will hinder me access into your presence, thank you for accepting me the way I am to transform me into what you want me to be in Jesus name.
PRAYER: Abba Father, I thank you for the love and grace to make me whole again the blood of Jesus.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION: I prophesy today upon your life That the grace of a new and better beginning has come in Jesus name.
Written Pastor Misheal Tomizayi