Life is fast, time flies and nobody’s going to wait or take pity on you because you stayed behind, absorbed with distractions and useless clutter. If you are not careful, they will ruin your life before you know it. There are hundred of decoys jumping in the front seat of your life before you know and collectively, they will take over the steering wheel if you allow them.
They always promise extraordinary results and outstanding effects but what they really do is keep you from doing important things and achieving your big goals. You have no choice to remove them if you have dreams and aspirations to attain.
In simple terms, I will give us the meaning of distraction as the process of diverting the attention of an individual or group from a desired area of focus and thereblocking or diminishing the reception of desired information.
The two common causes of distractions are:
- It is caused the lack of ability to pay attention.
- Lack of interest in the object of attention or or attractiveness of something other than the object of attention.
When you carefully look around you, your sense organs will reveal to you that almost everything around you is design to steal your action. That’s why it’s essential to learn how to shield yourself and develop your ability to focus on command.
By distractions, I mean anything that can pull you away from the activity you should be doing.
Before I end this article, I will like to introduce us to forms of distractions. They are:
- Internal Distractions : They are your own thoughts and emotions. This can include thoughts about pressing responsibilities or pleasant things that you’d rather be doing. This can include emotions about life circumstances, the task you are working on, fears and worries.
- External Distractions: are ones that are originated outside of you. Things like technology ( phones, social media, websites, you tube, video games) other people or noises around you.
How do we overcome distractions:
- You need to pin point what distractions you have on a daily basis. This is because your lifetime is made up of days, hours, seconds and minutes.
- Work to create habits that signal to yourself and those around you that you are in distraction
- Develop your ability to focus on commands concerning your achievement.
That will help your focus. The truth remains that “distractions destroy action. If it’s not moving towards your purpose, leave it alone” Jermaine Riley.
Writer: Justina Barde
This is a publication of Words in Pen, weekly publication(every Wednesday) of I am Best Magazine… proudly IAMBESTNETWORKS LTD. Are you a writer and you want to be a contributor to WORDS IN PEN, WhatsApp or call 08130286036; Email: [email protected]
Courtesy of : Iambestnetworks ltd.Contact us: Call or whatsapp: 08130286036; call:07057457203
Email us: [email protected]
Facebook: I Am Best TV Instagram: @iambestnetworks Twitter:@iambestnetworks